|Vacany Code / Job Title
||PJG06 / Head of Projects
|Scope of Work
Role in this level have responsibility to ensure that Projects are executed in an efficient and systematic manner and according to good engineering practices to fulfill the Company’s goals and objectives. The role holder will also act as point of reference and apply expertise to resolve problems escalated by the Task force leaders / project coordinators or project engineers. The role holder has a prime role in ensuring proper coordination within multiple trades, stakeholders and end users to achieve smooth-running of projects. The role must ensure that all activities are carried out in compliance with the Company’s Occupational Health, Safety, Energy and Environment procedures.
• Proactively engage in ensuring full compliance with the Company Health, safety, environment, energy and responsible care procedures and instructions. Prompting the safety culture in every day is a must.
• Demonstrate knowledge of industrial safety standards & practices, work permit requirements and ensure execution of various projects with zero TRIR (Total recordable injury rate).
• To lead and manage execution of multi-discipline projects comprising of personnel from mechanical, civil / structural, electrical, instrumentation, process in matrix organization according to project handling procedures and best practices.
• Provide inputs for planning of resources and liaise closely with other relevant Sections / Stakeholders concerning project execution.
• To contribute in developing business case for projects and assessing the root cause analysis to identify problems, various alternative solutions, selecting the recommended solution, freezing scope, execution/procurement strategy, cost according to various cost classes, schedule, risk assessment and management of risks.
• Direct the development of complete package for presentation to project approval committee and management for various projects.
• To approve invitation to bid packages, oversee various technical clarifications and bid clarification meetings, technical evaluation of bids, recommendations/presentations to various tender committees and provide support during commercial evaluation and negotiations.
• Closely follow scope, cost, schedule, quality, risks and their mitigation actions throughout the life cycle of projects and various contracts including “Management of Change” as per Company’s procedures and delegation of authority.
• Demonstrate sound understanding and application of various clauses of conditions of contract; Adept in contract management of multi discipline contracts including technical concession requests, non-conformities, liquidated damages, warranty defects management etc.
- That site management during construction phase of various projects are according to Company’s procedures, demonstrate sound knowledge for construction method statements, job safety analysis, site safety reviews, tool box talks, request for inspection, preservation, non-conformities, field design changes etc.
- timely status / progress reports and forecasts are prepared for projects (like budgets, technical/commercial issues, risks etc. affecting quality, cost and/or schedule).
- Quality inputs to annual Projects Budget development cycle for new / existing projects.
- post project hand over activities like review of as built drawings / documents, defect management, contract and project scope / cost / schedule / quality reconciliation, conducting lessons learnt sessions and applying them to upcoming projects, providing performance feedback to committees and implementing recommendations are accomplished.
• Successfully plan and manage various audits and assessments.
• Keep informed of technological developments in the area of responsibility and in relevant process and maintenance areas in order to identify and recommend opportunities for increased effectiveness and/or cost reduction
• Develop nationals into direct positions and follow-up their on-the-job development programs.
|Education Qualification Required
|Years Of Experience
||The ideal candidate must have the following:
• A minimum of 12 years of direct and relevant experience in Fertilizer, Oil & Gas or Petrochemical Industry in project execution and 5 years in leadership role.
• Project management certification from PMI / API or equivalent will be preferred.
• In depth technical knowledge of engineering codes and standards (ASME, API, ANSI, IEC, BS, EN etc.) and their application.
• Excellent command on English, communication skills, writing and presentation skills.
• Knowledge and ability to operate standard PC applications like MS Office, MS Projects and electronic documentation.
|Vacany Posted On