|Vacany Code / Job Title
||SFT03 / Process Safety Engineer
|Scope of Work
Role holder will assist Head of Safety and Loss Prevention Senior Engineer in implementing Process Safety Management System in the organization. The incumbent will be a key member of the Process Safety team and will interface with the appropriate operations and technical teams to support in conducting the Process Safety Risk studies for Projects and existing operations, facilitating Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) studies including but not limited to Hazard and Operability study (HAZOP), Safety Integrity Level (SIL), Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA), Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Major Hazard Analysis /Direct Hazard Analysis (MHA/DHA), Dispersion Studies and Safety Cases Studies. The role holder will comply with all relevant QAFCO Management System procedures in respect to Health, Quality, Safety and Environment.
Principle duties and responsibilities
• Promote and comply with QAFCO’s Occupational Health & Safety, Environment, Quality, Responsible Care Management Systems & Product Stewardship, PSM requirements.
• Assist Head of Safety and Loss Prevention Senior Engineer in developing various documents and implementing activities related to monitoring and following-up Process Safety Management system.
• Develop the Company Process Safety Specifications and Standards to be used in all projects and assets operations.
• Partner with operational and technical resources to ensure compliance with Process Safety Management (PSM) requirements.
• Follow valid standards, technical requirements and good engineering practices to ensure that operations and projects are executed in line with agreed process safety specifications.
• Lead company-wide network to develop and update process safety related requirements and procedures
• Provide, when required, specifications for the procurement of equipment and services. Conduct evaluation of bids and recommend preferred suppliers to ensure meeting optimum process safety requirements.
• Coordinate the activities within Process Safety group.
• Lead and coordinate different campaigns to promote Process Safety within the company.
• Partner with leaders to develop short and long-term process safety objectives, targets, strategies, and measures that prioritize action plans and mitigate risks.
• Develop and implement key performance indicators (most importantly, leading indicators) to track the progress of PSM on a weekly and monthly basis.
• Generating and reviewing Process Safety Management weekly and monthly reports.
• Participate in developing, implementing and facilitating Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) studies like HAZOP, SIL, QRA, LOPA, FMEA, MHA/DHA, safety cases and Dispersion Studies.
• Plans work activities, and coordinates with various operations and project teams to ensure safety activities are achieved within the set time schedules, specification and cost.
• Lead and/or participate in all process safety incidents investigations. Ensure that incidents root causes are identified and action plans and lessons learnt are established and communicated within the organization to avoid incident re-occurrence.
• Participate in the development of practical recommendations for process changes to mitigate, control, or eliminate process-related hazards and meet process related risk reduction objectives.
• Keep informed of technological developments and best practices in the area of responsibility in order to update knowledge, identify and recommend opportunities for increased effectiveness and/or cost reduction.
|Education Qualification Required
|Years Of Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering obtained through full time study.
• Certifications, such as NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety, Process Safety Management, Incident Investigations & Root Cause Analysis, Process Hazard Analysis are desirable.
• A minimum of 10 years proven successful experience in a similar position with extensive in Process Safety field within Fertilizer, Petrochemicals or Oil & Gas industry.
• Should have excellent supervisory skills.
• Should have knowledgeable about codes, standards and recommended practices for Process Safety Management
• Should have good engineering judgment; ability to recognize, assess, and mitigate hazards, Attention to detail, initiative, highly organized, good analytical skills, and practical use of engineering principles
• Should have good knowledge & ability to operate standard PC applications.
• Should have good English communication & Technical Report Writing Skills.
|Vacany Posted On