|Vacany Code / Job Title
||SFT06 / Senior Loss Prevention Engineer
|Scope of Work
Role in this level is having prime responsibility for assisting Head of Safety Section in implementing OH&S Management System and Process Safety Management System in the organization. The position also coordinate and follow up of OH&S Management System in line with OHSAS-18001 standard requirement and Responsible Care Management System RC 14001 Standard requirement activities and implementation, Process Safety Management System in line with OSHA CFR 1910.119, accident prevention measures and prevention program, provision of training and safety equipment all over the Company’s sites and to comply with the Company’s OH&S, Environment and Quality Management Systems and assist in fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of the Section and involve in the preparation of the section budget.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
• Assist Head of Safety in coordination, implementation, monitoring and follow-up of Safety Management System, Process Safety Management System and Responsible Care Management System.
• Promote and comply with the Company’s Occupational Health & Safety, Environment, Quality, Responsible Care Management Systems & Product stewardship, PSM requirements.
• Participate in the section’s management and monitor the group functioning in order to improve & develop safety aspects at company level.
• Propose the annual requirement for the Loss Prevention group’s activities, and participate in the implementation of the action plan.
• Participate in the necessary measurement and evaluation of the effectiveness of any assigned safety management programs or procedures developed or modifications necessary to achieve optimum results.
• Plan yearly Loss Prevention Group critical activities in the Safety Management and Process Management areas.
• Plan and follow up daily activities, manning, and use of appliances in order to meet customer requirements and make use of resources in the section.
• Supervise and coordinate the activities within Loss Prevention Group.
• Monitor work relationship, teamwork and time keeping within group.
• Lead and coordinate different way to promote Occupational and Process Safety Campaigns.
• Work closely with all the Company’s employees in promoting safety.
• Communication with subordinates, Engineer levels, Coordinators and Contact persons in order to ensure smooth and efficient delivery of job required.
• Keep informed about updated and technological development in the occupational and process safety in order to identify and recommended possible implementation to increase the effectiveness.
• Participate in Management Audit as and when required.
• Timely and correct reporting of findings, recommendations and action points in Management meetings (HSE & Management Review).
• Carry out analysis for different safety activities and propose recommendation for improvements.
• Review various reports received from subordinates.
• Identify and review the HSE hazard and carry out risk assessment of the activities.
• Provide assistance for establishing suitable Hazard identification process when requested by Head of Safety.
• Review the existing registered risks with the plants and ensure that the recommended safeguards are implemented.
• Review various HSE Risk Assessment reports received from subordinates.
• Participate in special studies and improvement projects related to safety systems as required; Assessment techniques, questioning, evaluating and reporting.
• Coordinate Technical Safety projects as assigned by Head of Safety for overall improvement of safety systems.
• Provide necessary assistance in performing special incident investigations.
• Participate as instructor in safety-training sessions as and when required.
• Taking lead in the refresher training sessions and review various training modules and provide expert views.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering obtained through full time study.
• Certifications, such as NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety, Process Safety Management, Incident Investigations & Root Cause Analysis, Process Hazard Analysis are desirable.
• A minimum of 13 years proven successful experience in a similar position within Fertilizer, Petrochemicals or Oil & Gas industry.
• Should have excellent leadership and supervisory skills.
• Should have experience in ALARP demonstration, Cost benefit analysis, Facility siting study, Safety Case study, Safety Critical Element identification, QRA study, LOPA study, HAZID, Hazardous area classification and HAZOP & SIL study.
• Should have knowledgeable about codes, standards and recommended practices for Process Safety Management.
• Should have good engineering judgment; ability to recognize, assess, and mitigate hazards, Attention to detail, initiative, highly organized, good analytical skills, and practical use of engineering principles
• Should have good knowledge & ability to operate standard PC applications.
• Should have good English communication & Technical Report Writing Skills.
|Education Qualification Required
|Years Of Experience
|Vacany Posted On