|Vacany Code / Job Title
||PBS01 / Head of Planning & Budgeting
|Scope of Work
This role is responsible for managing the annual, 5 year plan and budgeting process for the company and it’s subsidiaries, including; Controlling the preparation and receipt of the required budgeting inputs from all departments, managing the compliance with the deadlines for the budgeting process, examining and challenging the submissions of the department managers, providing financial analysis and advice and ensuring compliance with the organizations objectives, developing and refining the companies budgeting, economic and unit costing models, consolidating the data and presenting and explaining the results to senior management for eventual approval by the company’s board of directors.
The role also involves monitoring the company’s performance against the budget , preparing detailed variance reports, highlighting issues to the chief officers and preparing updated forecasts throughout the year.
The role holder should also prepare financial analysis, reports and presentations for the company’s Board of Directors and Shareholder’s representatives.
• Manage and prepare the company’s and its subsidiaries annual financial plan
• Develop the process, models and guidelines for financial planning and analysis purposes
• Manage forecasting, budgeting and variance reporting to the Management Team and other stakeholders.
• Provide financial analysis and decision support
• Interact with other departments / sections in obtaining the necessary inputs for the budget preparation
• Collect statistical, project, and budget information for budget preparation and calculations
• Devise and implement improvements to the budgeting and control processes
• Develop a support network for business analysis
• Map the relevant processes
• Lead planning and budgeting related improvement projects to streamline and simplify work processes
• Develop, implement and maintain the relevant policies and procedures
• Ensure compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures as well as local laws and regulations
• Respond to requests for information from regulatory bodies
• Prepare the section’s annual action plan and monitor progress
• Ensure availability of qualified and competent staff through recruitment, development and training
• Develop and train nationals
• Manage and lead a small team in the execution of the above responsibilities.
• Professional Certification in Accounting will be an advantage.
|Education Qualification Required
|Years Of Experience
|Vacany Posted On