|Vacany Code / Job Title
||CPS12 / Freight Management & Customs Clearance Specialist
|Scope of Work
||Role holder at this level shall be responsible to administer the various freight management contracts, liaison between the freight forwarder and government departments (Chamber of Commerce, Customs, Ministry of environment, Civil Defense, Metrology, Ministry of Interior, Mesaieed Industrial City, etc.) to ensure availability of the imported material on time at site and also seamless export of material on permanent or temporary basis. He shall also lead and guide a team of staffs assigned liaise with customs and government agencies, processing of necessary documents required for the customs clearance of imported and shipping documents for exported goods, organizing various entry passes, etc. The role holder is expected to provide guidance/advice to Qafco management and employees (all stake holders including procurement coordinators) on related latest customs clearance rules and regulations. The role holder must continuously address the concerns of his customers and introduce systems, procedures and controls for improving the customer support. The role holder must ensure that all activities are carried out in compliance with QAFCO’s Occupational Health, Safety and Environment procedures.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review existing policies and procedures and recommend amendments to address current needs and ensure adequate controls are in place.
• Responsible to administer and monitor closely the various freight management contracts
• To coordinate with suppliers and procurement coordinators for smooth movement of material once it is ready for collection namely review of draft shipping documents , ascertain and comply to regulatory requirements , suggest the best & economical mode of shipment etc.,
• To monitor the tracker sheet of the material due for delivery and ensure various options are explored to consolidate shipments to secure most economical mode for the company.
• Oversee the staffs in the team who prepare the customs / shipping documentation and coordinate with the concerned government authorities with regard to all import/export shipments for Qafco for customs clearance of Goods at Qatari ports/border and also export shipment of materials.
• To monitor truck movements within industrial area and ensure that they comply with all the government regulations and also comply to safety, environment, health and other standards.
• Review and oversee the dispatch/receipt of official documents and other materials through courier services including day-today follow up of related issues.
• Coordinate with Clearance and Customs Authorities and guide end users to prepare application forms for customs clearance of goods including , hazardous items, chemical, safety items, fans , CCTV spares, Tetra Radios, Lithium Batteries etc., shipments being brought by either through road, air or sea ports. He shall coordinate with appropriate statutory bodies (e.g. Chamber of Commerce, Civil Defense, Ministry of Environment, Metrology, Ministry of interior, Mesaieed Industrial City Management, etc.) and coordinate for the required attestation and endorsements to enable customs clearance of the shipments.
• Monitor the expiry dates of various approvals from statutory bodies and take advance action for extending the approval validity. Review the existing supply orders and advise concerned stakeholders for required documentation with respect to the clearance to facilitate the customs clearance of goods without any delay ( i.e. without payment of penalty/detention /demurrage charges )
• Update and maintain information held on computer systems and paper-based files to ensure that it is up-to-date and correct. Solve any problems or inconveniences related to clearances.
• Resolve Disputes and Claims arising in the freight management contract by coordinating between freight forwarder and concerned personnel at Qafco.
• Closely liaise with Customs and other Government agencies to recover deposits, claims, negotiate on demurrages, fines, penalties etc.,
• Certify the freight invoices for payment after ensuring all provisions of the contract are fulfilled
• Monitor the freight forwarder’s performance viz-z-viz- KPI set in the Contract and provides appropriate feedback to freight forwarder ensuring appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
• To provide services to procurement coordinators for Over Dimensional Cargos by suggesting and lining up the most economical options.
• Work in close liaison with concerned stakeholders and advise them on matters related to customs clearance and also render support to them during technical review / inspection of the goods at the customs
• To liaison with insurance for all marine insurance related business and support with all details for declaration and claims.
• Monitor and keep informed on the changes to regulations and introduction of new rules with regards to clearance activities. Alert management and concerned employees on such changes accordingly.
• Prepare periodic and ad-hoc reports to update superiors on the Group’s progress, achievements and the status of pending cases.
|Education Qualification Required
|Years Of Experience
• Diploma/ Degree in Commerce / Science/Administration from recognized University.
• Specialization in Logistics Management or equivalent with sound knowledge of customs clearance pertaining to exports/imports in Middle East, Europe & North America
• Additional certification in Supply Chain Management /Logistics is preferable
• 8 years of direct and relevant experience in logistics and customs clearance activities.
• Very Good command on English, communication skills, report writing and presentation skills. Knowledge of written and spoken Arabic is preferable and would be an advantage
• Very good knowledge and ability to operate standard PC applications / MS Office/ERP.
|Vacany Posted On