|Vacany Code / Job Title
||PJE06 / Engineering Assistant - Electrical
|Scope of Work
||Job Summary and Purpose:
Roles in this level have responsibility to produce, verify at site(s) and update engineering drawings, documents, and reports. Participate in constructability reviews and assist Task force leaders / Leads / project engineers in carrying out projects through planning, prioritization, execution and installation. It requires extensive coordination work between different stakeholders and contractors to obtain power isolation permits to ensure smooth and safe execution of Electrical projects site activities.
In addition, they may independently execute projects under the guidance / supervision of Task force leaders / Lead or project engineers. They also assist Task force leaders / Leads / project engineers and construction supervisors in construction activities. They compile and provide input to the periodic reports within their area of work. They assist their Superiors in cost control. They ensure that all activities are carried out in compliance with QAFCO’s Occupational Health, Safety, Environment, Energy and Quality procedures.
• Produce and update CAD / manual drawings and reports using various software (like AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical, MS Office suite etc.) provide assistance, guidance and support to working with other contracted resources/services for these activities.
• Ensuring work is done within the guidelines, codes and practices.
• Assist in planning, prioritization, execution and installation of relevant Projects.
• Execute assigned projects under supervision / guidance of Task force leaders / Leads / project engineers to ensure that these are carried out with sound engineering principles and practices.
• Assist in supervision / site coordination during construction of projects.
• To carry out site surveys to ensure correctness of various engineering drawings.
• To assist task force leaders / leads/ project engineers for site surveys with various contractors.
• To assist task force leaders / leads/ project engineers to manage site works.
• To liaise and communicate closely with relevant Project members of all trades, other associated trades and contractors regarding project activities.
• To liaise with the relevant agencies for arranging visa, transport and accommodation in coordination with the Task force leaders / leads / project engineers etc.
• Perform basic design calculations and review submissions as per the requirements of the Leads / project engineers in their respective discipline.
• Reserve, obtain and return materials from store.
• Assist to preserve materials stored for project works.
• Assist Leads / Engineers to ensure the incoming materials are in conformation with purchase order.
• Maintain material issue records and reconciliation.
• Prepare document list for relevant projects phases.
• Make sure all relevant drawings are updated as per the phase of the project (Preliminary issue, for construction, As Built etc.).
• Obtain Unit Nos. for all new Equipment and pipelines.
• Maintain and assign document IDs, register all electronic documents with Unit I.D & file it in Qafco Technical Document Management System (QTDMS).
• Prepare hard copy file with all relevant documents and get the approvals of final documents.
• Ensure projects are closed in accordance with procedures.
• To plan and monitor the close outs of projects to meet the set department KPIs.
• To assist project coordinators in preparation and circulation of project(s) binders for signatures and close out.
• Knowledge of and comply with all relevant Management System procedures in respect to Occupational Health, Quality, Safety, Energy and Environment.
|Education Qualification Required
|Years Of Experience
||The idea candidate must have the following:
• Knowledge of relevant engineering codes and standards and their application.
• Should have very good skills in English for Communication & Report Writing.
• Good knowledge & ability to operate software like AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical, MS Office suite, standard PC applications etc.
• Ability to work on multiple tasks.
• Very well versed in Electronic documentation procedures.
|Vacany Posted On