|Vacany Code / Job Title
||PJG07 / Head of Engineering Support
|Scope of Work
The role holder in this level has the responsibility to ensure that resources are utilized during the planning, engineering and execution of projects in the Projects Department and Engineering Department.
The role holder will be responsible to continuously review the projects portfolio of these two departments to ensure resource allocation and utilization. The role holder is responsible to monitor the quality assurance / quality controls are implemented for engineering drawings / calculations as per the procedures / routines established in the project and engineering departments. The role holder will also act as point of reference and apply project management expertise to jointly resolve with Head of Projects the problems escalated by the Task force leaders, project coordinators or project engineers. The role holder has a supporting role to projects section and engineering department in ensuring proper coordination within multiple trades to achieve smooth-running of projects.
• Understand the engineering scope of each project and communicate that along with project coordinator to all discipline members on the project.
• Ensure the project is being executed in accordance with relevant codes and standards Best Practices, Procedures and Work Instructions. This will include updating project specific QA documents.
• Generate and develop the Project Engineering document register and review of other project generated documents.
• Generate and develop the detailed project engineering scope of work and related execution plan.
• Control and coordinate engineering work activities.
• Hold regular engineering meetings.
• Subcontract specialist engineering activities through Engineering Service frame agreement and manage frame agreement / Supply of manpower as Frame Contract coordinator.
• Provide project man-hour estimating, planning and forecasting for all Engineering functions.
• Manage, review, approve and control man-hour bookings on our projects.
• Schedule of engineering activities.
• Assist in the development of Bill of Materials/ required hardware with project procurement plan.
• Oversee and control engineering documents list.
• Coordinate design reviews.
• Resolve technical conflicts.
• Manage engineering changes and generate relevant MOCs as required.
• Manage technical aspects of the contract.
• Interface with the Projects Head of Section and other relevant disciplines.
• Ensure projects are adequately resourced and agree resources as required with Head of projects/engineering coordinator/ head of process.
• Support proposals/pre project reviews.
• Work closely with engineering coordinator and head of projects and projects control to develop the Project Schedule.
• Provide input to the Lessons Learned process and utilize findings from the process to update tools and processes.
• Participate in preparation of ITBs, bid clarification, attend bid clarification meetings, kick off meetings and design review meetings.
• Check and approve the work of others as required in project handbook.
• Monitor all P.D KPIs and publish them as per agreed frequency.
• Monitor and achieve timely close out of projects.
• Monitor P.D server structure and correct usage by all.
• Manage and monitor technical adjustment / outside work order requests.
• Identify and maintain competency of P.D personnel and bridge gaps through external resources and / or by identifying and organizing training.
• Manage Central Archive function and related projects.
• Manage P.D IT requirements and be the interface with IT department.
• Develop, monitor, and optimize Project Department OPEX including all sections.
• Regularly identify and implement OPEX costs which can be booked to respective projects.
|Education Qualification Required
|Years Of Experience
||The ideal candidate should have the following:
• A minimum of 10 years of direct and relevant experience in Fertilizer, Oil & Gas or Petrochemical Industry in project execution and 5 years in leadership role.
• Project management certification from PMI / API or equivalent will be preferred.
• In depth technical knowledge of engineering codes and standards (ASME, API, ANSI, IEC, BS, EN etc.) and their application.
• Excellent command on English, communication skills, writing and presentation skills.
• Knowledge and ability to operate standard PC applications like MS Office, MS Projects and electronic documentation.
|Vacany Posted On