|Vacany Code / Job Title
||STR07 / Lead Process Engineer
|Scope of Work
||The role holder shall support the evaluation and assessment of capital projects and/or product diversifying opportunities that will enable the Company to achieve its long term vision.
Ensure that technical initiatives and projects are in line with strategic targets, goals and objectives.
Conduct techno-economic analyses and business case evaluations to support business decisions.
Ensure the optimum application of Company capital funds through evaluation and prioritization of all capital projects. This can be achieved by conducting timely compilation of the annual capital budget by working closely with all relevant divisions in QAFCO followed by prudent review and recommendation of capital funds for management approvals which will lead to maximized stakeholders, satisfaction.
• Propose, evaluate and analyze different technologies and flow sheet options for growth platforms to achieve QAFCO’s strategic ambitions
• Identify, investigate and develop capacity growth and product diversification opportunities on a techno-economic basis up to a pre-feasibility level
• Present results of techno-economic evaluations to Executive Management and Shareholders to ensure the most optimum opportunity is pursued for further investigation and study
• Lead in the evaluation of business cases during pre-feasibility studies for major/non major projects.. This also includes managing third parties to conduct engineering and business studies and interaction with counterparts within Shareholder companies for selected projects.
• Liaise with counterparts in other companies to explore and maximize synergies and value addition of new ventures with existing and future businesses through regular interaction and/or establishment of joint working groups on specific project
• Lead the gathering of data from external and internal resources to support the update of the business ranking and main business economic assumptions for each budget year.
• Propose, develop and collect functional level assumptions and inputs into the financial economical modeling in order to verify the financial soundness of new business and growth plans/ projects.
• Support the Executive Management with economic business cases, sensitivities and recommendations to enable decision making around strategic growth projects and strategic decisions.
• Develop, update and continuously improve a project ranking tool used to rank all capital projects in the company to ensure that an optimum basket of projects are pursued to maximize economic return and reduce financial, health, safety and environmental risk to the company
• Conduct a project ranking panel review for all capital projects prior to each major decision to re-evaluate the project risk, business case, economics and priority relative to the total basket of projects in the company
• Lead the execution of pre-feasibility studies and compilation of business cases of applicable projects by conducting a techno-economic study and making a recommendation to Management
• Oversee the post audits process after completion of all projects that meet the set criteria to evaluate the performance of the project against initial justification in capital approval and to capture lessons learnt from previous projects
• Review of flowcharts of various products and services in relation to supply quality & quantity to ensure meeting corporate objectives.
• Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of processes and practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
• Continue development of professional expertise and maintain an awareness of best practice techniques and tools in the area of process engineering and financial analyses so that the company optimizes efficiency and levels of service to internal customers.
• Assess medium to long term global market trends (five to fifteen years) relative to the company's strategic direction ensuring strategy optimizes company strengths with market opportunities.
• Evaluate possible scenarios with potential to significantly impact company performance, construct alternative strategies suitable for each eventuality.
• Maintain awareness of developments in the industry in general and within shareholder companies in particular, to establish and benchmark best practices.
• Help establish, utilize and maintain an effective business intelligence gathering and analysis processes.
• Monitor the financial performance of a given area of activity versus budgets (i.e. pre-feasibility studies with third parties) so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon.
• Exercises financial authority within established limits and controls departmental budget expenditure. Set up the milestone plans and steps to milestones.
• Develops standard procedures to manage and maintain business operational and financial objectives.
• Collaborate with the Business Development Manager in developing the departmental and organizational strategies and plans in line with the business needs and overall organizational strategy;
• Ensures implementation of the same within the respective function.
• Ensures own practices and behaviors are aligned with QAFCO vision, values, standards and procedures.
• Develops Qatarization plans to assist qualified Qatari Nationals to occupy potential vacancies so as to adhere to stipulated Qatarization targets.
• Encourages others to demonstrate key behaviors in order to achieve Department objectives.
• Ensures the timely preparation of periodic Company reports for top management meetings i.e. reports which monitor and report on the progress of projects versus the approved plan.
• Ensures compliance with all relevant health, safety, and environmental management procedures and controls across the function activities to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality products / services and a responsible environmental attitude.
• Complies with all functional policies and procedures and ensures alignment with the organizational corporate governance framework.
• Reviews and provides necessary recommendations for improvements on the departmental policies in order to ensure smooth operations and establish a positive image of the company internally and externally.
|Education Qualification Required
|Years Of Experience
||Ideal candidate must have the following:
•Must possess strong Business understanding, Engineering principles, Investment Analysis, Financial Economic Modeling, Presentation, communication and Negotiation skills.
•Understanding of marketing & global influences on product demand & pricing.
•Excellent in IT/ MS Office applications
•Very good knowledge on Plant Operational.
|Vacany Posted On